How I Get Organic Traffic Building a Polymarket Trading Bot and Casino Tools in Public
I didn't start this with a traffic plan. I started it because I was stuck building a Polymarket trading bot that kept losing money to slippage on thin markets, and posting about the problem was easier than staring at it alone.
A few honest observations from doing this for a while now.
The broken version travels further than the finished one. A post about my bot getting picked off by a better-informed trader outperformed every clean-architecture post I've written. People comment on the mistake because they've made it too.
Copy-pasting the same post everywhere underperforms rewriting it per platform. It's more work, but Hacker News wants the technical argument with no self-promotion, dev.to wants the code, and Twitter wants one sharp claim rather than a summary. Identical copies did worse everywhere I tested it.
The casino-versus-prediction-market comparison is a strong hook, used sparingly. It worked well the first time as an intuitive way to explain why naive bots lose money. I've deliberately avoided leaning on it for every post since, because repetition turns an insight into a gimmick.
What I still don't know: how much of this is genuinely organic interest versus the simple compounding effect of posting often enough that people start noticing. I don't have a tidy answer, so I'm not going to manufacture one.
Comments
Post a Comment